Limerick City Council
- Visiting Limerick
- Press releases
- Your Council
- Our Services
- City Library
- City Museum
- City Gallery of Art
- City Archives
- Emergency Services
- Contact us
- Roadworks/Road Closures
- Major Projects
- Strategies and Plans
- Car Free Day
- Limerick City Bicycle Parade
- Bus Routes
- Road Construction/Design/Maintenance
- Traffic Management
- Risk Management
- Transportation and Infrastructure Department, aims and objectives
- Transportation Publications
- Transportation Forms
- European Projects
- Roads Winter Service Plan 2013/2014
- NTA Regional Bicycle Share Scheme
The Traffic Management Department of Limerick City Council is located on the ground floor of City Hall and is open to the public Monday - Friday from 9.15 - 4.15.
The main areas of responsibility of the Department are:
- The processing of parking fines, reminders, summonses and appeals.
- Limerick City Council, through the Traffic Management Department is also a Licensing Authority for the issue of Taxi, Hackney, Limousine and Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Licences.
- This Department is also responsible for the issue of Residential Parking Permits to Residents of the Limerick City area.
- Parking discs are available to purchase from the Department and most retail outlets in the city.
Limerick City Council operates disc parking, one to four hours parking zones within the city. The Department has recently been installed with a new software system to process fines, reminders, summons, payments and appeals.
The Traffic Section of Limerick City Council is actively developing the implementation of an adaptive urban control system, which is intended to be in place within one year. The full scheme incorporating developed computer software will include the coordination of approximately 50 traffic signal junctions in the city with the expansion of bus priority facilities, remote monitoring of traffic signals at isolated junctions, parking guidance signs and active information signs.
A Limerick city traffic model has been developed through the Limerick Planning Land Use and Transportation Study. This model is being used to simulate traffic patterns in the city.
Roads Department (Maintenance, Safety Traffic and Public Lighting)
Phone: (061) 496000
Fax: (061) 496005
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Address: Roads Department (Maintenance, Safety Traffic and Public Lighting)