Limerick City Council
- Visiting Limerick
- Press releases
- Your Council
- Our Services
- City Library
- City Museum
- City Gallery of Art
- City Archives
- Emergency Services
- Contact us
Limerick City Council's Cemeteries Department manages three cemeteries in Limerick City
- Mount Saint Lawrence
- Mount Saint Lawrence Extension, and
- Mount Saint Oliver.
- appropriate interment of the deceased
- maintenance of burial records
- carrying out of exhumations
- development of new burial spaces in Mount Saint Oliver Cemetery, as required
- maintenance of the cemeteries to a high visual standard, including weed control, grass cutting, tree planting and removal of old wreaths etc.
- raising, levelling and reseeding of subsided graves
- assistance to the public on queries.
Cemeteries Opening Hours
Pedestrian access is available continually.
Vehicle access is available from 08.00 to 15.30 on Mondays to Fridays and from 08.00 to 12.00 on Saturdays. Vehicle access is not normally available during public holidays.
To view the Mount Saint Lawrence Grave Registry books click
Cemetery Services Superintendent
- Phone: (061) - 410 466 or (061) - 407 190
- Fax.: (061) - 407 255
The Role of The Coroner in Death Investigation
(PDF - 155 Kb)
This booklet describes the functions of the coroner with particular reference to procedure in Limerick City. It is intended as a guide for the benefit of the general public and interested parties. Further information is available from the coroner's office or at www.limerickcity.ie the website of Limerick City Council.